Want to try a wall ball / medicine ball workout, but not exactly sure what to do? Here's the correct technique for executing a move that works your entire body, strengthens muscles, and will get your heart pumping, too.
- First things first: pick your ball. If this is your first time using a wall ball, you'll want one in the 5–10 pound range. If you're a little more advanced, try one between 15–20 pounds instead.
- Next, get your posture right. It protects your back and knees from injury (and it's just good form, too). You'll want to stand facing a wall with your feet shoulder-width apart, your back straight and your shoulders wide.
- Hold the wall ball right in front of your sternum.
- With your back still straight and your chest up, dip into a low squat until your thighs are parallel to the ground. Don't overextend by going lower, and check yourself to make sure you aren't leaning forward as you do this.
- Now pop up, pushing through your heels, and toss the ball up to the wall.
- Catch the ball as it's coming back down, lower into a squat again, and repeat for reps.
Leave a comment